Description - Church Pension Prague - Husuv Dum
The Church Pension Husuv Dum is open all year round. The Church Pension has 19 double and tripple rooms for 40 guests with extra beds available in each room. There is a lift to the 5th flor, fridge in each floor, kitchenette and common room in 4th and 5th floor. The pension is in the best location in the center of Prague. It is just ten minutes walk to Old Town Square and five minutes to Wenceslas Square. There are shopping centres nearby and the Church Pension can be easy reached by public transport (tram or underground).
Services - Church Pension Prague - Husuv Dum
The reception of the Church Pension is open non - stop. The office of the CHURCH PENSION is open only from 8 AM to 16,30 AM.
After your arrival in Husův dům (Jan Hus House - John Huss House) come in to the reception on the ground floor in the passage. You can leave your luggage here until we open the reception due to regular opening hours. Please announce yourself at the gateman and show all correspondence you got from us about your reservation. In case that the main gate from the street is locked, ring on the red button - there is written "informace - vratnice".
Pension Church can arrange for you:
- Sightseeing Tours - In the traces of Master Jan Hus /John Huss/ and the Czech reformation , River Cruises, Cultural Programs and Tickets in Prague, Prague Castle, Vyšehrad, city walks etc.
- Concerts - Concerts in the Church of St Martin in the Wall - Martin ve zdi.
- Jewish Quarter walking tour - You visit several famous synagogues: The 13th century Old-New Synagogue is the oldest synagogue north of the Alps; the Pinkas Synagogue, now a hallowed museum to Czech victims of the Holocaust, which includes a heart-rendering exhibition of drawings by children of the Terezín Ghetto; the Klausen Synagogue containing a permanent collection of lore surrounding the Maharal; the Maisel synagogue with its extensive collection of Judaica; and the newly restored Spanish Synagogue, in Moorish style. Also included is a visit to the Chevrah Kaddisha building and the Old Jewish Cemetery with its densely packed layers of graves up to12 levels deep.
Location - Church Pension Prague - Husuv Dum
The Church Pension Husuv Dum is located in the center of Prague in Jungmannova street 9/22. Click on the map to see detailed plan.
- If you arrive by train - it is better not to take a taxi on the way from the railway station. From Hlavni nadrazi-(Wilsonovo nadrazi), the main railway station it is advisable to go to the right through the park to the tram stop. There you can take the tram number 9, 3,14, 24 and night trams 52 and 56, to the Vodickova stop (the third stop). There is a McDonald's right at the stop. Continue on the street and Jungmannova street is the first on the right. Then walk about 100 meters to Husuv dum dum where you can find both Kalich bookstore and theatre and also our Church Pension. A ticket for this tram trip is 8 Kc per person, or it is a 15 minute walk from the station to our pension. If you come from Holesovice Station, you must take the C-Line of the Metro to the Florenc station. There change lines to the B-Line and get off on Narodni trida, which is 5 minutes from the pension. A ticket will cost 12 Kc per person for this Metro trip. Nevertheless, if you take a taxi from the train station, here are the still acceptable prices (be careful to agree upon the price with a driver in advance to exclude a misunderstanding):
- If you arrive at the Prague airport - Generally you have two options:
If you arrive at the Prague airport, take the CEDAZ minibus AIRPORT CENTRUM in front of the aiport. This will take you to Jungmannova 9. The price of the transport for 1-4 persons is only 480 Kc and for 5-8 persons 960 Kc (20 km). You can also go by CEDAZ minibus which goes to Namesti republiky. The cost is 90 for one person Czk. From there you take tram n. 14 (buy a ticket for 12 CZK) and get off at Vodickova (pass stations Namesti republiky - Masarykovo nadrazi - Jindrisska - Vaclavske namesti ->>> Vodickova). The pension is 3 minutes walk from the tram-stop. We can arrange transport from our pension to the airport on your way back.
- Bus and Underground
Another possibility how to get from the airport to our pension: Take the bus number 119 in front of the airport (buy a ticket for 20 CZK). The bus goes to Dejvicka underground station. There you change for the underground (line A). Get off at Mustek (pass stations Dejvicka - Hradcanska - Malostranska - Staromestska ->>> Mustek). The pension is 5 - 10 minutes walk from the station (in Jungmannova street).
- If you arrive by car - There have been done many traffic changes in the center of the town in July 2000. You won´t find us as usual, so look for Karlovo namesti in the city plan, direction Vodičkova, Vladislavova and Jungmannova or direction Vodickova, Palackeho and Jungmannova, where is the Jan Hus House. It is not possible to park your car in front of the house. You can stop right in front of the exit gates (one person has to stay in the car). However, there is a possibility of underground parking in The Laterna Magica theatre (non-stop) cca 10 minute walk from our pension. The price is about 720 Kc a day. Or you can park your car in Praha 8, (Rohansky ostrov by "Metro Krizikova" ca 750 Czk per week ( Monday - Sunday ), Weekend ( Friday - Monday ) 550 CZK , 3 working days 450 CZK Take subway line B to Mustek and get off at Jungmannovo namesti.